Monday, December 12, 2011

How do yo deal with falling for an alcoholic?

I have met a wonderful man three months ago. We have a long distance relationship. We talk on the phone alot when he is on the road being he is a truck driver. We have had very sincere deep conversations I feel very comfortable with him.. He has recently come to see me twice. We both enjoy drinking and having a good time. I have since gone to his home town and spent time with him and feel myself falling very hard for him .Our last visit he told me he had a very serious dringking problem that I was not aware of cuz he always seems the same happy person. I left to come home a week ago so as of last Sunday he said he was going to detox and it would be a hard time for him. He says he knows I want more but right now he needs to help himself.. Hes called only twice since Sunday when he used to call several times a day. I miss him He told me we would never loose touch and that he would always care We had such a good time and he treated me so well Do you think I ve lost himHow do yo deal with falling for an alcoholic?
Lost him? You can't keep an alcoholic - they are committed to the drink. If he is working on his problem it could be that he cares very much for you and wants to shield you from this negative side of himself.



If I find someone I am dating is alcoholic I walk away - I've had too much trouble with them. If you are inclined to stick around I would watch very carfully and see what happens. Better to learn this stuff early than too late.



Peace!How do yo deal with falling for an alcoholic?
I feel for ya. If he is serious about getting sober than he has to take care of himself no matter what. He will need a lot of support. He will need to go to many AA meetings if he chooses. Getting into a relationship when first becoming sober is very dangerous. He could relapse. Being an alcoholic, whether a drinking one or a sober one is nothing to take lightly. I know how you feel, but I also know that for him, this is a life or death matter.
  • print out the mistakes
  • vb
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment