Monday, December 12, 2011

How do you deal with living with an alcoholic??

My dad is one. He has gone back to drinking again. He is worse then ever. Mom says ignore him but it's hard. He told mom that he is confused how he feels about her(if you know me, please keep that a secret!!). Since mom doesn't have a job they're staying together for a while.

Have any help or suggestions of how to deal with it?

Thanks! :)How do you deal with living with an alcoholic??
Hey, im 15.. My dad was an abusive alcoholic, and he would beat up my mom when he got drunk... One day he got reallly violent and the cops were called, so since i was 8 he doesnt live with us anymore.(he visits, and we visit him- also my mom and him get along still, but my mom doesnt really like him xD) Hes a good guy when hes sober, but after a few drinks thats like a lost cause. I think its really important to let your dad get the right help, because his life can be in danger.. a year and a half ago, my dads pancreas failed because of drinking, and he could have died, or had pancreas cancer(theres no cure).. he lived, and hes know well after like 4-6 months in and out of the hospital and a major operation. Hes now sober(yay) for 9 months, and he really cant actually drink, because he gets horrible pains.

I know what your situation is like, and i really do hope it gets better. You can deal by going to your room when he gets drunk, and asking your friends or teachers for help. I told my closest friends(i was 8, remember) and none of them really knew that it was happening, because i wasnt open about it. Now alot of my friends know, and some of them were in the same situation, too.. Remember your definantly not alone. and if your dad is abusive(you didnt say or not, so if he isnt, sorry for asking) call the cops if he is, because it can get reallly dangerous when a violent person has no self control



Good luck with your situation

xo-DeeHow do you deal with living with an alcoholic??
contact alcoholics anonymous and ask if they can direct you to services for family and friends of alcoholics and recovering alcoholics. these people know this stuff. why do it alone when you can pool resources with others managing the same issues. these are peers and a community you can access at your discretion. you are smart to be asking for assistance and i wish you all the best.
My father was also an alcoholic. Here is a hotline number if you ever need someone to talk to. Its the boystown hotline for teens with any problems



1-800-448-3000



24 hours a day, toll free

No comments:

Post a Comment