Monday, December 12, 2011

Mom has been an alcohlic for almost 20 years...anyone else in the same boat?

I am really just looking for a pen pal of someone who has dealt with an alcoholic parent for most of their life. My mom has been an alcoholic since I was 14. She refuses to get help and is making my life, and my dad's, and brother and sister's lives miserable. Just looking for someone to talk to who has the same kind of situation and how they deal.Mom has been an alcohlic for almost 20 years...anyone else in the same boat?
No but my son has dealt with sex addiction for 30 years.Mom has been an alcohlic for almost 20 years...anyone else in the same boat?
My parents don't drink, but my ex-husband was an alcoholic. The best place to get emotional support in my experience is Alanon or Alateen. There are meetings throughout the world. If you don't like the first group you go to, chances are there is another one in your area that you will like.



Remember, take what you like from the meetings, and leave the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment