Monday, December 12, 2011

How has your family dealt with a alcoholic?

Life can be too much to handle,how has your family handled it ?How has your family dealt with a alcoholic?
My childs father put us in this situation. :(



I had an intervention with him. I sat him down and told him that he MUST stop drinking. He had to get help asap, go to AA meeting, go to treatment, but I wasn't going to allow this infront of our child.

He promised that he didn't need treatment and could do it on his own. I told him that if he couldn't our relationship would be over- I mean I had done everything I felt I could.

He of course couldn't quit, and I left him. He greatly misses his family as it once was, and we (as a family) will never be the same again). Honestly our child is in a better enviroment without a drinking %26amp; driving, mood swinging, unemployed, angry alcoholic.How has your family dealt with a alcoholic?
You have to set boundaries and make the one with the problem follow them. You have to protect yourself and the rest of your family. You cant deviate from these boundaries or you set yourself up for failure.
If I had a family I would probably disown them. I give him/her some cash to change their surname, so my family name does not get tainted.



No alcohol, No smoking, No tea, No drugs, No coffee would be my rules.
I HAD EM IN MY FAMILY IT WERE HARD WATCH EM ACT THE FOOL!I COUNLDNT STAND IT THATS Y I DONT GO FAMILY GATHERING B/C THEY DRINK INSTEAD BEING OF HUMAN!I HAVE BROTHER IN LAW WHO DRINK EVERYDAY ALL DAY ALONE I CANT STAND IT WHEN HE DRINKS!
Set up an intervention with family and friends. The alcoholic thought he was going to a party but once there we all cornered him. He agreed to get help and at that time realized for the first time he had a problem. We told him we already had an out-patient rehab already set up for him so it wouldn't interfer with his work. He has now been sober for 5 years and still goes to AA meetings.
When my father use to drink and come home drunk, my mother use to beat him with a wet towel, he would wake up sore as hell...I thought it was funny. Of course this is not how you deal with this problem...one step at a time and support as far as them going to meetings and what not. I use to be a closet alcoholic...it was bad.
You need to go to Al Anon meetings. Al Anon is a group devoted to helping the loved ones of alcoholics with all their issues of having trouble dealing with it and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment