Sunday, November 21, 2010

Dealing with an alcoholic mom?

mmk, so heres my story:



My mom has been an alcoholic even before I was born, shes drunk every night (usually when I get home from school she's drunk, and she doesn't stop until she passes out in her chair downstairs watching House) and honestly, im really tired of it :-P I try and get out of the house as much as possible, but sometimes thats not even enough.



My sisters have tried talking to her about it before, and I know how she will react : ';I only drink to calm myself down, I don't consider myself an alcoholic or anything like that'; then she'll stop for about a week, then start again. So I don't really want to waste my breath convincing her she is one and that her drinking effects me.



since im only 14, I don't have a car so I can't make it to any Alateen meetings. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can deal with it?Dealing with an alcoholic mom?
You know you could call alateen and they could have someone give you a ride. Try to check out some books on the subject or call AA (in the phone book) and tell them your situation and ask if someone could bring you some books. Chances are that they will. They are an excellent resource for you. Go to the library and see what they have available in the self help section. You are not aloneDealing with an alcoholic mom?
people who are addicted really are greedy it needs to be their way or they'll flip out.



it's a tough situation but you need to talk with childrens aid or social workers because those are not acceptable conditions for you to be living in.



your mom needs to realize that it's not all about her. and theres nothing like getting the authorities involved to motivate someone to change.
Do you have a family member, aunt, grandparent, etc. that you could confide in or stay with.



I grew up with an alcoholic father and by the time I was 16 we were getting in fist fights over his drinking almost daily. I ended up moving in with my grandparents until I graduated and then went off to college.
i have the same problem... well had. i told my mom that her alcohalic drinking scared me. it realy did. i threw out a few fake tears and she decided to go to AA classes. if that doesn't work talk to your school counsler. good luck!!!
I*'m a recovering drug addict/alcoholic and it break my heart to think this is what I put my daughter through for so many years. Are there any other adults in the family that you can turn to for support-or your sisters old enough to be out on their own, if they are tell them you need to move with one of them. or an aunt a grand parent someone. Maybe you and your sister could scare her into seek professional. If all those are not possible you need to speak to a teacher or counselor at school have one of them step in to help/please read my profile and either you or your sisters email me if you need to discuss this more. God Bless Reggie
I have an alcoholic father who has been an alcoholic ever since I can remember. I'm 25 now and out of the house, but growing up in that shite was a different matter. Now the thing with my dad is that he was a jolly drunk, but the next morning when he was hung over everyone in the house were prime targets for what ever reason he was pissed off. The only thing I could do was go over to my grandparents house as much as possible. I started doing this as soon as I got my license when I turned sixteen. What I did prior to that I don't remember. I know I stayed in my room as much as possible and out of his way the next morning.



So if your mom isn't abusive or mean to you while she is drunk or the next morning then you probably shouldn't complain. It's her life if she wants to destroy her liver and more importantly her relationship with her children then so be it. You can enjoy it when she comes crawling to your door step seeking your forgiveness within the next forty years.

No comments:

Post a Comment