Friday, November 19, 2010

How to help a father who is an alcoholic and getting worse? Any advice please from someone who has delt with s?

I am a 24 year old college nursing student who is living at home to help save for college bills but while I have been back, I have noticed my father is drinking large amounts of liquor every night and passes out drunk Friday to Sunday. I have discovered from my mother he has been to the doctor, had medications (which do not help so he stopped taking them) been to a therapist, asked by every member of the family to slow his drinking but continues.We dump bottles out but he buys more and hides them around the house and outside. I have read several articles on dealing with alcoholics but none that would work for my 60 year old father. I do not know anyone who has delt with this type of horrible situation although I know drinking is a common problem amoung the public. I have turned to asking online hoping for advice from anyone with some sort of educated knowledge on this awful dependency. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.How to help a father who is an alcoholic and getting worse? Any advice please from someone who has delt with s?
It seems you have tried most of the conventional methods the one I don't see listed is a detox treatment center for a month or so. I suspect this may be expensive and it too could fail until he is ready for a change in his life. The hard part is to find what will make him see the light. Good luckHow to help a father who is an alcoholic and getting worse? Any advice please from someone who has delt with s?
It is a horrible situation, but he will not get any help unless HE wants to get help it is a disease you probly know all this stuff AA or Rational Recovery will help but he has to do it himself it must be horrible just to watch him like this sorry
i think the best thing i would be go to alcholics anomous counciling.
  • asp hosting
  • need for a rabbit
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment