Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I deal with an alcoholic father?

Sorry this is so long but I need some help. I'm 13 and my dad is an alcoholic. He gets drunk every single day, and it usually starts at around 2 pm. Unless he has somewhere to go that evening (which is like 1 or 2 times a week). But that just means he'll be up getting drunk all night and keeping my family awake. And it's not just that he's a drunk, he is so cold and mean, whether he's sober or not. He'll laugh at me or just ignore me if I ever ask him to not drink for one day or something. Also he always messes up the kitchen (I know that sounds stupid). He always cooks a bunch of gross stuff that no one would eat, and wastes so much good stuff. Then what's even worse, he messes it all up, leaves stuff everywhere, makes the WHOLE kitchen completely dirty, then just leaves it. Just leaves it all ****** up, then my mom has to clean it. Like he just expects her to clean up everything. It makes me so mad and frustrated!! She works 7 days a week, keeps the house up, and takes care of me and my sister, then he treats her like complete sh*t and acts like he's the boss or something. I hate the way he treats us and my mom, and I'll feel guilty for leaving her to live alone with him when I go to college or move out. I just don't know how to deal with him anymore. It's like I'm using all of my emotions towards him and it's all hate and sadness. My mom is sad and hateful to but she won't divorce him because they've been married for like 32 years and even though she knows how much it hurts me and my sister she thinks that it isn't enough reason to divorce him and that not be a sin. I just don't want to live like this anymore and I don't want to grow up and marry someone like him or even worse, be like him myself. I don't know how to try and let go all of this anger and hate inside that he caused. How do I deal with him and try to forgive him and make peace with myself?How do I deal with an alcoholic father?
i think she deserves someone better and should divorce him..

or actually talk to him and confront him and ask him to help and not drink....How do I deal with an alcoholic father?
32 years is a long time, but you prolly wont understand since ur only 13 years old, ppl go thro different things in life, thats what leads ppl drink, im sure ur dad loves you and he prolly been thro alot in his life, give him a chance and try to talk to him about it,
This sounds like what I grew up with. I'm 30, and you sound like you're much more mature than I am. Are you really 13?

Surely there is a counselor at your school. Talk to him or her. If you can, try Al-Anon or Alateen. You should be worrying about junior high stuff like school and dances and such, not this adult business like your parents' relationship. But you do, and you seem like a very sensitive and grown-up person. Your parents are lucky to have such a thoughtful and intelligent child.

Check out the Alcoholics Anonymous website and you should find links to groups in your area. Call one and tell them your situation, and they will point you in the right direction for some help.
  • How big for a toddler quilt
  • instant messaging programe
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment