Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How do I deal with alcoholic father?

I'm 13 years old. I live with my father who is 46 and my sister who is 19. My mother is in Mongolia struggling to come to the US to help us out. My father is an alcoholic. He is not abusive and has never hit me or my sister EVER and I love him very much. When there are people coming over and holidays and such my dad drinks alot. Once he starts to drink he won't stop drinking for about 3 weeks and he has really bad heart. He is lucky to have such a nice boss and still has his job. My sister has a job also. Once he runs out of money to buy white alcohol he would use the rent money or ask my sister for money. I'm just really worried about his health. What would happen to me and my sister if he passes away? My sister can't take care of me with $200 a week job. The only way I can deal with this pain is by playing video games and sometimes I would cut my self. My father complain that I play too much video games and he would keep saying that he loves me and my sister so much.How do I deal with alcoholic father?
your father is not alcholic.Your father grow drinking becouse it was normal in ther country and in ther customs..You said that mom is in Mongolia,may be your father miss her a lot.Do not look for other options,help your father,stay toghether.help eachother.Stop playing videogames and help your father to be happy.Your father it is very lucky by having a wonderfull child like you,so you have to be the loving family he misses and show to him how much you need him.Tell him that you love him and the you need him a lot,every single day.Money it,s not a issue.He is a good man and he is lonly.Love him,take care of him,you are his only familyTalk to him,ask him to take you to the park,be persistant and be nice.Be tugh and be lovly.You can make a diference,and keep trying.If you trust me I am 44 and the only person keep me straight it is my 7 year old baby.She show me how much love can move people to be a bether persons,and I still drinking.But with moderation and only in home.You have the power,tell your dad how lucky he is,give him a letther with a heart and wins,tell him how much you love him and do every thing toghether to bring mom home.How do I deal with alcoholic father?
Tell him if he really does love you, he would consider giving up the alcohol and providing for the family. You might get hit for that one, but I guarantee he will think about that for a long time if he's not too drunk when you tell him. He may cry, but sometimes you need the truth! Who better to tell it than your son?
The only thing you can do is look in the telephone book for a help line. after you have found one confront your dad and tell him if he truely loves you and your sister he will contact the help line and slowly stop drinking.
Hi,

I know that it's hard to deal with such situations, but it's only you who can help your father to get out of this. Forcefully, make him exercise yoga asana(that help in reducing drinking problem). Blackmail him emotionally, if he loves you then he will surely do that. Talk to him frequently that neither you nor your sister like his drinking problem. Spend more and more time with him and don't let him have a chance to drink. Tell him that you need money for your future studies and he can't waste money in buying more n more alcohol.

I will pray for your better future. GOOD LUCK
i understand , my dad is an alcoholic but not an abusive one , he is a functioning one. im 17 and still dont know what to do about it, all you can do is encorage your father to go to the doctor and seek help and try to explian to him that if he continues the way he is he is going to distroy your life.



there is help out there for the relatives of alcholoics, ask your local GP, rember your not alone.



dont you have a local walk in clinic? thats free?



best of luck
pray!!!!!!!!!!! and keep on praying!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment