Sunday, November 21, 2010

How does one deal with a partner that drinks till they go to sleep and?

when they are awake, they are putting me down with everything that they would not talk about when he is sober. Even things that I have no idea were bothering him and also anything in the past I have suggested doing or taking part in, he tells me how ridiculous or stupid or impossible it is and I shouldn't do it. He is drinking till he is so drunk he falls asleep around 7 or 8pm all the while awake just putting me down and opposing anything I even say. I don't even try to have a conversation with him, so then he just drags up all his complaints. How to I work around that. I have tried to talk to him when he is sober, (during the day) but with no avail. Or first thing in the morning and he refuses. It has really hurt me on occasion to the point, I feel like it is not worth staying and I should leave. This is my second partner. I was married 35 years, but left. Religious reasons. I had or have never had to deal with alcoholic problems in growing up or marriage. This is all 8 years new to me, living with an actively drinking 3 to 4 nights a week till he sleeps. He is a great person until he starts the drinking about ever other night. It starts around 4 - 4:30pm through supper and then till he crashes. Then he sleeps all evening and gets up around 5am and figures I should do the same thing also. He is not insistent as he knows that is ridiculous but still he harps that I should go to bed earlier, I am not sure why as he is really not much company. He gets up and goes on computer for the first 3 to 4 hours every morning. By that time I get up. I don't rush, what is the point. He just wants to be left alone until about 9am. I notice if he doesn't drink for about 3 days, he is really extra sweet and smart. Just not sure where this is going?????How does one deal with a partner that drinks till they go to sleep and?
I record him behaving like that when he's drunk. Then let him watch it while he's sober. If he still thinks that's ok, DUMP HIM!!!



most drunks don't think they're drunks and think that the sober ones make stuff up. There's no better way to open their eyes than that! good luck!How does one deal with a partner that drinks till they go to sleep and?
Point him to the front door, and don't let the door hit him in the glutious maximum.
I divorced her. Nice life now, no drama, no stress. New woman in my life that only has a drink once in the long while and not daily.
get away
It's been said that a drunk person's words are a sober person's thoughts. Don't waste any more time with someone who obviously thinks so little of you.
.I wouldn't deal with a partner like that. He'd be told to get help for his drinking or he could go it alone. I wouldn't tolerate that kind of disrespect.
Why do you stay and put up with it . I had one of those and till this day i cant figure out why i stayed so long . Not a thing you can do with an alcoholic until there ready to do something about it . That day may never come . Weigh out the good from the bad and see if its worth splitting up over . If not then there is nothing anyone can tell you to help you out.



One thing . Who is '; they '; You say they are awake and they are putting you down . Maybe you mean he turns into a different person when he drinks . They all do .

No comments:

Post a Comment