Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I deal with a recovering alcoholic boyfriend that has been sober for years... see below...?

My boyfriend and I have recently been having a lot of problems. He claims that it is because he is just now feeling things. Apparently alcoholics don't feel things. They are numb from the alcohol. I have never had to deal with an alcoholic. It is not something I have ever come across in my life. Well, he is feeling different emotions that he hasn't felt in like half his life. So he says that he has to relearn how to deal with these emotions.

Yet while he is dealing with these emotions he has been barely talking to me. I don't want to end things with him because I really care about him and love him more then life itself. Yet I don't want a boyfriend I do not see and don't talk to.

If you are dealing with the same thing maybe we could email back and forth. Or if anyone knows of a website where I could chat with other people in the same situation.

I am not like a 17 year old are something. I am an adult.How do I deal with a recovering alcoholic boyfriend that has been sober for years... see below...?
You need to go to Al-Anon meetings. I hope he is attending AA meetings.

You will meet other people who will have the same experiences as you are trying to cope with and they will offer the support that you need.

Neither one of you can do it alone, but these organizations can make all the difference in the world; I know.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment