Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How to deal with an alcoholic friend?

A good friend of mine drinks socially with our group of friends, but he clearly drinks in a different way. He gets blackout-drunk each time he drinks. He's a really nice drunk, but it's clearly a problem and it has been for years.



All of our friends are concerned about his drinking but we all drink socially around him all the time. So it seems hipocritical to tell him he shouldn't drink while holding a beer in my hand. I've tried to talk to him about his drinking, tell him I love him and support him no matter what, etc, but I think it'll never change. Should I just give up on trying to help him?How to deal with an alcoholic friend?
He wont change unless he sees that he has a problem and then it is only him that can change his path.How to deal with an alcoholic friend?
He needs to help himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment