Sunday, November 21, 2010

How to deal with my alcoholic mother?

im a 25 year old woman, i have my own house, a fiancee and 2 children and im still struggling to deal with my alcoholic mother, shes been this way since i was a child. i dont know what i can do, me an dmy sisters have tried everything we can to help her but she wont admit she has an issue. she is very aggressive and says the most hurtful things. i find it hard to love and like her.

i feel so distressed. her whole family are alcoholics and they all die from it by the age of 60. what can i do?How to deal with my alcoholic mother?
I know exactly where you're coming from. My Mom was one. She started when I was 7 and when I was 10 I went and lived with my Dad. I'm 17 now and she just got back from rehab after relapsing this past spring. It's hard. I feel alone like no one's like me even though there are people in my situation. My Mom wouldn't admit she had a problem until the court granted full custody to my Dad and it was a wake up call. My Mom said/says things to me too that are hurtful. She is a person that is full of anger and hate and I don't know what to do sometimes. I just look at the things I do have. I never had a real mother figure in my life after she started but I have a Dad, I have grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends, etc. But as for helping your Mom, try an intervention. My Mom got pissed when my Aunt and Grandma did that but she's sober now. Try that. I'm still struggling to make peace with my Mom so I can't give much advice. A piece of me wants to hold on but a part wants me to let go. But I do wish you luck and God bless.How to deal with my alcoholic mother?
Cut poinsonous people out of your life. It's like cutting a growth off without anethsetic, but ones it heals, it's so much better. ALANON can help you. It's a branch off of AA that helps family members who deal with alcoholics.
As long as she will not face the fact that she has a problem, there is nothing you can do for her. You, on the other hand, can seek help and support through Al-anon....it's an off shoot of AA for families of alcoholics.
Time to cut the cord. Enough is enough!
Addiction is heriditary. This is unfortunante for children, grandchildren, great grandchildren or alcoholics, or drug addicts as they pass this addiction gene to every generation. My mothers side of the family is also loaded with addicts, with her father being an alcoholic, as well as several sisters and her brother. We were not exposed a great deal to them, as my mom did not want us around her dad or others who drank. She did not want us to view this as normal behavior, and did not want us to end up as others in her family. I suggest just staying away.
  • comforter insert
  • How often do you wash your bed sheets
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment