Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How do I deal with an alcoholic husband?

I have been married for 6 years. My husband thinks there is nothing wrong for him to go out to the bar with his ';buddies'; and leave me at home to care for the children. Alot of times he won't tell me where he's been or who he has been with. ( I have caought him with another woman before.) He dosen't work a full time job and does ';odd'; jobs to make money.I am recently unemployed and only bringing in unemployment.. How can I get him to help me out more at home and not go to the bars?? any advise would be greatly appreciated...How do I deal with an alcoholic husband?
Leave him. Accept no more excuses.How do I deal with an alcoholic husband?
most likely he is not going to change,so leave him and have a life that you deserve.
KRAZY WOMAN IS THE RIGHT NAME FOR YOU! YOUR GOD ALLOWS DIVORCE FOR ADULTERY! GO TO THE NEAREST SHELTER AND FREE YOURSELF FROM THIS

MADNESS!
Leave his azz..Pretty simple..
Leave him it would make things easier
you can tell him to either stay home with you or you will divorce his ***..
Talk to him very seriously about this and when he hasn't been drinking. Explain to him that it isn't right that he do that. He has a past and (if I were you I wouldn't trust him) that you don't trust him plus he is a father and should be with his family. Not to mention the fact that he is driving and could get a DUI and/or get in an auto accident and get hurt or even killed OR kill someone else. Just being a husband doesn't cut it. He helped to make those children and he should be working full time and also at home to care for the children. Maybe if you tell him all this when he isn't drinking it will sink in. If it doesn't and he continues to drink, not work, etc. then I would tell him you are filing for divorce, or at least legal separation until he gets his self together. Good Luck with this. This is a difficult problem for all involved.
Tell him he better wake up and snap into f***ing reality and that he has kids to support and to stop messing around and get real, get a full time job and to quit drinking as often as he is! If he disagrees, well than if I were u he'd be gone and he'd be paying child support if thats the only way to get money from him since he doesnt work a full time job. Sry if that sounds too harsh!
Knowone can tell you what to do, but there are millions of men and women who are also in your shoes.



Try giving Alanon a call :(757)563-1600
You need to divorce him.
I use to be an alcoholic, I have recovered when I was 26. Have patience with him!! Trust me on that!!! You married him out of love. I went to the joint for no reason because of my screw ups~! newfiemoe69@hotmail.com Moe
I have been where you are honey, and you can't help him. My first husband was an alcoholic, and he was a mean SOB when he was drinking...and he drank ALL the time...same thing, worked odd jobs.....I had just had my third child, and one day he came home at lunch time and freaked out cause I didn't make his lunch right and he picked up my computer and threw it across the room and came about four inches from hitting my 2 month old with it...I didn't say another word, I packed what I needed to get me and my kids home....three states away and I left and never looked back.



We had been married for 6 years as well, I had tired that entire time to get him to stop drinking...AA, counseling, in-patient treatment programs, I even tried to leave a couple other time, but he had threatened to kill me..............you CANNOT help someone who doesn't want to be helped....I am SO sorry that you are going through that....but do yourself and them babies a favor and get out before you're unable to.



Just walk away and chalk it up as a learning experience...I know that sounds cruel, but you don't want your kids growing up like that. Hang in there, and good luck to you.
i'm goingthrought the sme thing EXACTLY i've been hnging in there 8 yers but i'm tired i dont want a divorce but it looks like i'm leaning that way but i love my husbnd when he is sober.he isnt to violent just a lazy drunk good luck too you.let me know how it turns out
Do you enjoy this type of treatment? Then discuss it with him. If he can't come up with any intelligent solutions, then search within yourself to see if you still want to put up with this. If not then, plan, plan,do,do put an action in motion. He has to make the decision to change his behavior, not you. Good Luck dear.
Dump him and find somebody else who will treat you right. Men like that don't change. I have been with one for 7 long years - the only difference is that he does works and provides.
I can tell you from the childs point of view... leave him. This is the exact situation I grew up in, and my mother was absolutely miserable, and it made me miserable watching her. My heart still breaks when I think about it. If he loves you, he would stay home with you, and consider your feelings and try to get himself help, if he doesnt care otherwise, he never will, and you and your children will suffer.
This is not an easy question. I used to drink and go out to bars, and sometimes it was blind leading the blind.

I wish I would have stopped it along time ago, but at least I stopped it before I got put in jail, or an accident. My wife and I would always get in an argument or not talk to each other for a week or more.

Sometimes I would spend 3 to 4 hundred dollars a month just on booze at the bars. Where did it get me, really no where except money gone down the drain, and behind on my bills. Finally I am back on my feet, and doing pretty good. I am not saying that I was right for doing it, but I regret letting alcohol take control of my body.

For you and your family sake, I hope he realizes it soon because the kids will be grown and they will never forget it. Ask someone with an experience. My son is 36 and my daughter is 38, and they still think of the times that I did not spend with them. Earlier this month, my son called me when he was drinking, and he reminded me when I tried correcting him. His remarks to me from him, Dad you cannot say anything now, because you were never home with us, and you drove home drunk. This is hard to swallow, but he had to let me know how he felt.

My last comment:

Husband go home and be with your family and kids. This is from another father that has been there.

I WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment