Friday, November 19, 2010

How do you deal with an alcoholic parent?

One my parents is an alcoholic and I live with both of them, however my parents are divorced. There's always usually violence involved and things have just deteriorated. Can anyone help me? I just need advice on how to cope. Thank youHow do you deal with an alcoholic parent?
I went through a similar situation when I was a teenager. The best advice that I can give you is to stay focused on your future. Make sure that you do everything you need to do for yourself so that you can succeed. When you have a loved one who has an addiction, it makes it really hard for them to be able to rationalize or consider your feelings, You can try to talk to your alcoholic parent but you may have better luck explaining your concerns to the parent who does not have the addiction. Maybe once they see how much it is hurting you, they will be able to make some changes like moving out or getting some type of treatment. Good Luck!How do you deal with an alcoholic parent?
If it is so out of control that you cannot take it and there is violence then you need to speak to a counselor at school. They will be able to help you out. If you don't trust a counselor then talk to a teacher you trust. You need to get help before the situation gets out of control. Good luck for speaking out and seeking help. Good luck.

Peace, Love %26amp; Happiness
I know how you feel, I have had to deal with similar situations while growing up. I'm 15 now and have been dealing with some of these things since I was 7. One thing that was and still is a big issue for me is talking to my parents and letting them know how I feel because I was always afraid that they would get mad or wouldn't understand or something like that. I spent most of my life holding in all of my feelings, writing how I feel on paper, listening to music, crying myself to sleep. It was horrible. Until one day I had a breakdown, and started having thoughts of suicide and running away. I can't lie, I'm not very good at giving advice at all. One thing I could tell you is to try to talk to someone that you trust about how you feel, it may help. It always halped me just to know that there is someone out there that loves me and understands my pain. I am just now getting over this stage of depression I was going through where I was always sad. Never really happy. It takes time to realize that sometimes you have to look at the positive things in life, nd try not to dwell on the past. I know you probably get tired of people telling you that because I did until I actually realized that they were right. Just know that you are not alone. There are so many people that go through similar or worse situations than you. I hope this helped. Just keep the faith and know that one day things will get better and more easier to cope with. I know your pain and I understnad how hard and hutrful it is for you. If you ever need to talk, just email me. shaypbp@yahoo.com





God Bless.
first of all, you need to speak to someone that you can trust to vent and resolve some of the issues that you may be going through, you cant just think of your parents, you have to take care of yourself too. Second Im sorry what youre going through, i went through something similar. What you have to realize is that an addict,..is an addict, they look the same on the outside, but because of the addiction, they are not themselves mentally, and they tend to do things and act out in a way that they normally wouldnt. The only way they can get help from the addiction, is for them to be ready and get help onm their own. There is nothing that you can do or say, and you can try till youre blue in the face, but they will just get mad and do what thy want anyways. Just be there for whichever parent has the addiction, as frustrating and hurtful as it is, and as hurtful as it gets, you have to let them know that you still care, and that youre still thre for them. I know this from experience except it was a far different addiction that my family member went through. It takes a big life changing event in their life for them to realize that they need help, thats what happened in my situation. If you need someone to talk to that knows what you are going through, please feel free to email me, and ill give you as much guidance as i possibly can, ill be here to listen to you and give you advice. I know its tough sweetheart, but be strong, not only for youtself but the parent as well, they will than kyou in the end for not giving up on them trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment