Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How to deal with alcoholic mother?

My mother who has drank all my life is drinking herself to death in my opinion. I'm a grown adult now and finally put my foot down 1 year ago. Time after time I've asked her not to drink around me or my kids because it bothers all of us. But she still does it. So, one year ago when I showed up at her house....she was drunk. That was the final straw. I no longer talk to her and she shows no interest in seeing my kids. I feel like if she wants to be like that and cause me hurt and misery still as an adult...I don't need her in my life period. Overall, it has been less stressful with her not in my life (no more drunk calls, etc.) but I do miss her at times and feel my kids are missing out on having a grandparent. Have I dealt with this situation properly?How to deal with alcoholic mother?
Hi. I have a alcoholic mother my self. Unless your mother wants to get help and admit to her self that she is a alcoholic it will not get changed. My mother drank my whole life too and still is. I was 3 when me and my sisters were taken from her. No it did not phase her one bit. Out of 15 years of foster care I only seen her 3 times. Talk to your kids and find out what they think about their grandmother. It may not be bothering them at all. I also believe it is better for children to stay away from drunks in the first place. They don't understand why the drunk is acting that way and it will confuse them and make them scared. Your mother will not change. You can still love her and care for her, but you have done the right thing. You have to protect your own family from her now. You are a strong person to stand your ground. Good job and make sure you stick to it.How to deal with alcoholic mother?
hide her money! steal from her.
Try to talk to her during a non-alcohol period. See if she interested in a cure. I麓m not sure if you麓re gonna to forgive yourself later if you abandon her. Try to make her start a treatment. Try to understand why she needs to drink, what hurts her so much. If you achieve to solve the problem, your kids are gonna thank you all their life.
My mom used to be the same way. She would drink from the time she got off of work until the time she went to bed. If you can talk to some of your family members. Explain the situation to them and all of you sit and talk to your mom. My family did this and it worked. If you can't talk to any family members, sit down when your mom is not drunk and talk to her, just you and her. Tell her that her drinking is hurting you and your children. Try to get her to go into rehab and attend AA meetings. My older brother also told my mom that is she doesn't stop drinking so much, she won't be able to see her granddaughter. After about a month she changed for the better. I hope that this helps.
Hello unfortunately we can't pick our parents but do you know what turned her to drink try asking her phone her to arrange to call to see her without your children speak to her,tell her to join an aa meeting and seek professional help this is after all an illness. However you took the action you felt was right at the time tell her you love her but if she refuses to get help you just feel you can no longer be around her good luck i wish you all the best

No comments:

Post a Comment