Friday, November 19, 2010

How to deal with an alcoholic mom....?

Im 17 and my mom is an alcoholic and i cant deal with it anymore!

She physically/verbally abuses me.





She gets so mean and she accuses me of doing stuff. Like last night she thought i was high and i have never smoked before in my life.

She doesnt let me stay out late. I usually have to be home at 8:30.

She also is very stupid about things. She told me to go to bed on Spring Break! She treats me like im 10 and she expects me to clean up her house and do her favors.





I never did anything to break her trust, im a good kid... I get really good grades and everything..



I cant tell her to stop drinking cause she will just get mad and some times she gets abusive.









Can anyone help me please?How to deal with an alcoholic mom....?
Are your relatives aware of her behavior/drinking problem? You should get them on board with you. Have a sit down and just let her know how you all feel. Everyone should voice their concerns and let her know that she needs to clean up. If this is starting to affect who you are as a person (how can it not?) then maybe you need to consider finding somewhere else to live. Is your father in the picture? How about an aunt or uncle? Grandparent? Friends? I really think you need to get out of that toxic house.How to deal with an alcoholic mom....?
Find an Al anon Group and join. They can help you deal with your problems. This group is for people who live with alcoholics. Get help now. Look in the Health Clinics for a phone # or location.

No comments:

Post a Comment