Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I deal with my alcoholic mother?

She's been drinking for a few years, she drinks every night after work and has a full drinking size cup. She is out of control and she isn't supposed to have more than a shot glass a night. She could die from drinking because she had a gastric bypass. She's also been smoking since she was 14. She's 42 and she smokes almost a pack a day.How do I deal with my alcoholic mother?
go to alanon.How do I deal with my alcoholic mother?
I'm sorry you have to go through this. Your mom needs alcoholism help. If she can't do it alone, she may need professional services. It may also be helpful for you to get support from others who are dealing with loved ones facing addiction:

http://famaddicts.meetup.com

Wishing you the best of luck.
Well you don't say how old you are but I think you should avoid confrontation with her and continue to work on getting through school. After that, leave her....if she's even still alive. No sense in both of ya'll going down the tubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment