Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How do you deal with an alcoholic?

My Fiancee is an alcoholic and I don't know how to deal with this any longer. Ive been with him for 10 months and its just been a never ending story. I love him a lot and don't want to leave him because of this situation but I also cant destroy my own future because of this. what are some suggestions on how to deal with my situation ?How do you deal with an alcoholic?
When hes sober express to him your concerns, let him know you care about him and his well being. Tell him he needs to clean up his act. After your the talk there should still be problems but if he really cares then you'll see trying to amend his mistakes. If he doesn't then you should either leave him until he cleans up or send him to rehab. http://www.alcoholrehabprogram.com/ is a rehab center that might be able to help.How do you deal with an alcoholic?
Get out now until he can show sobriety for a year.
Get him into Rehab for alcohol. If he truly loves you, he will dedicate himself to lessen his ways to make you happy, and hopefully himself being a better person.
Give him an ultimatum. It's either you or the alcohol. I know it's easier said than done, but don't let him destroy your future.
You've got one vote here. Your choice: (1) stay and put up with it until it changes (if it ever does, and you have no control over that) or (2) leave. I suggest you choose (2) but it's your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment