Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How would you deal with an alcoholic mom and step-dad?

Everyday i have to come home to drunken adults. I hate it and they know that. My mom says that shes gonna go to AA meetings but she never does. Its been like this for as long as i can remember. i just dont know what to do anymore.How would you deal with an alcoholic mom and step-dad?
You should go to ALANON or ALATEEN. They are mutual support groups designed just for your situation. Look them up in the phone book.How would you deal with an alcoholic mom and step-dad?
okay sweetie. I read a book about a girls dad who was an alcoholic. She took every bottle of liqour and smashed it outside in the backyard. I found that this was a great idea and i think i may do something like it with my mom and dads ciggarrattes. Hope this helps releave some of your pain

Report Abuse


Sadly there is nothing you can do ...it's up to her to go to the AA meeting and get the support she needs to get dry again. Alcoholism is a terrible thing ..it causes get pain to all those around the alcoholic. All you can do is take care you yourself...you need to go to meetings that deal with the families of alcoholics, you will find them a great help...Al-non and Al teen...I think is what they are called...but any AA meeting place will tell you where to go for these meetings...you will also find them in the yellow pages. I've been there and done that.
I feel bad for you and know how lonely you feel. You are supposed to be the kid with two parents and you are basically acting as the adult. I put my wonderful Son through that for about 5 years and finally woke up. I stole so much of his life away because I was a Drunk. I wasn't there for him like a Father should have been. Thank God he was able to use what good tools I taught him when he was younger to become the great Father and adult he is today. I regret those years and I'll never be able to recap them. I hope you can get your Mom straight.
Try going to this website maybe they find a meeting in your area.

Good luck.

http://www.al-anon.org/alateen.html

No comments:

Post a Comment