Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How to deal with an alcoholic parent?

I won't get into too much details but I have an alcoholic mother who we can NEVER trust even outside the house and I fear it may be interfering with my school work. And sometimes I wonder when my mom is on the road, if i'll ever see her again. I COULD USE SOME HELP PLEEZ!!!!!How to deal with an alcoholic parent?
There is a group just for you, it is called Alateen. It is for teenage kids who have a family member or friend that has a problem with drinking. There is Alanon for adults and for the person who has a problem with alcohol there is Alcoholics Anonymous. Look through the phone book and call which ever one you can find a listing for, they will be able to tell you about all the others even if you are not calling the one for you. You will find help and hope at the meetings. They have people just like you who have the same problems you are having and it will be a safe place to share and find your sanity and probably a friend. Please look it up now. You can have a great life whether you mother is drinking or not.How to deal with an alcoholic parent?
call kids help phone or take her to some therapy. Did you tell her your feelings and worry for her

No comments:

Post a Comment